So this soup was a happy accident! It was really quick to make, and the kids ate it up! I didn’t take pictures last night, but I made myself a similar soup this morning and that’s what you’re seeing here.
- Perpetual chicken stock (I would have used fish stock, but we had chicken going)
- cumin powder
- Dice the onion and put it in the pot with a bit of stock, cumin, and salt over medium heat.
- Chop your carrots and add them and the rest of your stock to the pot when the onion starts to turn translucent.
- When the carrots start to get tender, put your fish in the soup. It’s fine if it is frozen when it goes in the soup, just expect to give it a little more time.
- Cover and simmer until the fish is flaky and opaque.
- Salt and season further to taste.
- Use other vegetables. I used broccoli today.
- Stir in coconut milk and lime juice when it is cooked.