Souffle is our number one requested food around here. They remind us a lot of the Dutch Babies that used to be a staple, back before we went gluten-free. Update: When we were doing the GAPS intro, Kodiak chose this for her birthday treat! A year later, it’s still a favorite for sleepover breakfasts the kids can make themselves!
Winter Squash SouffleServes 4
1/4 c nut butter
1 c winter squash, cooked
8 large eggs
4 T ghee
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 1 T ghee in each of four 1.5 c (or larger) oven safe dishes (mugs work well) and place in oven to melt.
- Blend nut butter and winter squash. Add eggs and mix well. Fill each dish no more than halfway with egg mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes, until puffy and cooked through.
- Serve immediately with honey and yogurt.
- We like to add apples to the ghee while it is melting, then pour the batter on top. The apples bake into the souffle and that’s really good!
- You can omit the nut butter.
- If you don’t have squash on hand, you can use applesauce instead.
This post is part of The Healthy Home Economist’s Monday Mania!